Sunday, April 15, 2007

Chasing myself

I think I'm chasing myself all over the place. If I didn't need a cane occasionally, I think I would. So what's the solution to being all over the place. Wanting to succeed in this industry, and by that I don't mean JUSTthe children's book industry, but illustration in general. I'm finishing a piece for my own PB which I've long since lost genuine interest in. My editor hasn't found children's books to be lucrative and most authors I illustrated for have gone to greener pastures (and not invited me along for the ride LOL)
I think following one's passion is the key, if the passion doesn't constantly change. I was recently commissioned to do wildlife greeting cards for a local vet's office. Oweing them a huge kindness for services rendered in the midst of disaster, I wanted to do this pro bono. It's the second "pro bono" job I've had this year.
So I begin again and settle myself to serious thinking time at the drawing table, because, after all, there's no place I'd rather be.

No comments: