Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day

Made Mac salad for folks to take to Father's Day Celebration across town. Everybody had a great time. I'd had a few off days due to heat so "babysat" our sweet Lilly. She felt so down with everyone gone, (I don't count that much; I'm basically "mom" to her and while she loves me to pieces, I'm always just there) I worried that she was getting sick. The little "faker" moped around all day, chin to the ground. My boy and I got her out just before a big storm. Wind was blowing fiercely and we lost a number of limbs.
When the folks returned around 10:00, she got to run in the yard without a leash. She was her old self, with her favorite FOLGER'S can,running and growling to herself (I think that's to create more excitement.
Pleasant uneventful day for all of us. My favorite kind.

1 comment:

hbl said...

What a sweet dog. We lost our companion on September 12. Angel's Lady Wendella. She was only 10.